HASTINGS, Neb. – The Dakota Wesleyan University women’s soccer team ended its season with a 6-0 loss to Hastings College Tuesday night in the quarterfinals of the Great Plains Athletic Conference Postseason Tournament in Hastings, Neb.
The top-seeded Broncos – who improve to 11-6-1 – scored three goals in the first and second halves to hold off No. 8 Dakota Wesleyan. The Tigers end the season with a 2-11-1 mark.
Jessalynn Barton started the scoring for Hastings 14 minutes in, and Nicole Bernhardt and Jen Larner each added a first-half goal to make it 3-0 at halftime. Bernhardt added a second goal early in the second half and Kylee Horton and Destiny Thielfoldt each scored for the final score of 6-0.
Hastings outshot Dakota Wesleyan 33-3, including a 17-2 margin in shots on goal. Kari Durham made 11 saves for the Tigers in her final game with the program. She, Yutzil Rodriguez and Abby Durham all graduate in May. Durham and Hubbard have both played for the Tigers for four seasons and Rodriguez for three.
- Tiger soccer teams to host indoor tournaments
- Tiger women’s soccer adds three recruits for 2013
- Four Tiger soccer players earn scholar-athlete honors
- Rodriguez, Hubbard, Peterson earn All-GPAC soccer honors
- DWU women fall to Hastings in GPAC quarterfinals