MITCHELL, S.D. – Dakota Wesleyan University has been named a Champions of Character Five-Star Institution for the 2011-12 academic year, it was announced recently by the NAIA, the NAIA Character Advisory Committee and the National Office.
The Champions of Character program measures an institution’s commitment to promoting the NAIA’s Champions of Character motto. Points are given to each institution based on character training and development; conduct in competition; academic focus; character recognition and character promotion.
Ten of the schools in the Great Plains Athletic Conference were recognized as Champions of Character institutions, and the GPAC was recognized by the NAIA as a conference.
Dakota Wesleyan promotes the message of the Champions of Character program by practicing good sportsmanship in practice and games as well as a variety of service projects. The Tigers read to students, pump gas, clean up the Mitchell area and participate in other service projects throughout the year.
- Dakota Wesleyan to induct five into Athletic Hall of Fame Saturday
- Klein takes first at South Dakota state indoor meet
- Klein takes third at NFAA Indoor Nationals
- Klein takes first at collegiate indoor national archery tournament
- 2013 Dakota Wesleyan Athletic Hall of Fame inductees announced